Saturday, April 28, 2012

28/4

Daddy has been improving little by little since I last blogged. Doctor even noted down reports that dad is making a good progress. They have started intense therapy now, and recently he was strapped on a tilting table which is positioned 90 degrees to train dad to stand again. He loved it! His eyes lights up when Edmund, his physiotherapist, takes him on a tour around the gym on a wheelchair. It was like a whole new world. Dad is happy. So we are extremely happy. There has been some good and off days. But the joy that comes after, is always worth it.

Dad had a scan done down his track in the throat, and discovered that the left part of his vocal chords is slightly weak due to the injury, so there must be a lot of of hard work and training on dad's part to get his speech back. Otherwise, the good news is that his right vocal chord and voice box are fine, and in time, dad will be able to speak. In fact, we're already hearing the thunder of his snore when he sleeps which we all have missed very much. It was a joy to hear it again! Because of the hope we have in the Lord, we see Him working on daddy every single day and I am personally, very encouraged. Isaiah 40:28 onwards has been my source of comfort and hope, because I truly believe it is the word of the Lord spoken and promised to us. The God I know keeps to His word. Word.

"but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

 I leave to Cardiff on Labour Day. Please continue to pray for my family that they will power through this time especially where they'll taking shifts to look after dad in the hospital. Mum is keeping strong, and she enjoys being with dad and watching him progress by the day. She cannot imagine doing anything else but this. I love her.

 Please pray for daddy's recovery. Also determination, patience and peace for dad and family. Pray that we'll continue to be encouraged, and to not lose sight of Jesus Christ.

 Thank you all again.

 Love, out.

No comments: