My brother, Jian Sheng gave Dad one of his motivational talks to encourage him to move his right foot which is his weakest. Dad moved it and it was too many times to count! Mum and I cheered and clapped next to him. It was amazing. Dad even gave us a smile when grandma mentioned the word 'char kuey teow'. All of us burst out laughing. I'll never forget that.
Dad's beginning to show off his left leg movements more often now too. We laugh when we watch him try too much too fast. Our hearts are always very lifted at the sight of it.
God's presence in Dad's room is over powering.
Tonight at bible study with Francis and the gang, I was reminded about the power of pray; why we pray, what we pray for, how we pray, and where our hearts are when we pray.
We referred to John 16:24 very briefly - "Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete." This happened to be the exact verse I read to Dad a few days ago.
"..ask and receive." - Sometimes, it's just too hard. But I will. Wholeheartedly.
Please pray that God will strengthen Daddy's immune system, and for his health in general so that he'll be ready to move into a normal ward.
The swelling on his head has gone down, so continue to pray that God will heal the injury in his brain.
Pray for strength for myself, mum and brother.
Love, out.
1 comment:
Been praying even from this far. love gie xxx
Post a Comment