I sang him his favourite hmyns, and Dad held my hand for a while with his eyes still shut. He had always teased me that I could never carry a tune, but today I didn't care whether it sounded great (I have to admit it wasn't my best), I sang for him anyway. I even jazzed it up a little too. Dad used to make personal requests for me to play his favourite hymns on the piano while he sings in worship. It was our weekly routine at one point. It's actually been a while ago. So today, I tried to bring back our old memories we shared together, except that today, we did it acapella style.
We continue to pray for him everyday. Today, our passage reading with Daddy was from Ecclesiastes 3: 1- 8
"There is a time for everything..
A time to kill, and a time to heal..
A time to tear down, and a time to build..
A time to weep, and a time to laugh..
A time to mourn, and a time to dance.."
Please pray that Dad will gain so much more strength to open his eyes again on his own. It has made me realise that we take everything for granted, including the simplest act like opening our eyes and looking at people that we love. I've never realised how meaningful this is, until now.
Love, out.
No comments:
Post a Comment