Dad was left in a daze. At this point, he had already been suffering from a concussion in his brain. This was confirmed when Dad was brought to the hospital minutes later in an ambulance. Mum rushed to meet him at Pantai. When she got there, Dad could no longer speak or keep his eyes open because of the internal bleeding in the brain. Doctors wheeled Daddy in for an emergency surgery.
He has had 3 surgeries in 5 days. We know that he is suffering from a traumatic brain injury. Our family was prepared to loose him if one of the surgeries had not gone well. Upon hearing this when I flew in from Cardiff straight to the hospital, I was broken when I saw Mum and JS in such a state. It was hard. With all the support and prayers people were giving us, we were just overwhelmed. It really did help us through the storm.
On Easter Sunday, Dad opened his eyes for the first time after 6 days. Our hearts were lifted. We also knew that God was working through prayer. Slowly but surely, my Daddy is recuperating. We've learn to take things day by day as we wait patiently for the Lord, and also for Daddy's recovery. We know it's something we cannot rush into. It could take months, or even years.
I am heartbroken. But I know that in His time, all things will be made beautiful again. This I know for sure because my hope is built on nothing less.
Why this? I do not know. But I know one thing - I cannot judge God. God is God. He is good, and just. I believe God weaves out our lives for a reason, even when it takes a turn for the worst. We do not know what it is now, but we stand firm knowing that God is faithful, and He will sustain my family. I take heart knowing that Jesus is carrying us through this difficult part of the journey.
Daddy has been the first man in my life. I love him dearly, and I look forward to seeing him everyday even if he doesn't see or speak to me. Just being by his side brings me so much joy that he is alive and we'll get to speak to each other again when the storm is calm.
Until another day, out.
No comments:
Post a Comment