As I sat by his bed on my own this afternoon, I told him how much I miss him. I said to him that I'm going to finish my course, and I will wait for him to watch me get called to the Bar in London. Upon hearing this, my Daddy gripped my hand tightly. I was close to tears.
Then I began to pray for him. I thanked God for being my Daddy's Saviour. I thanked the Lord that he is alive! Daddy gripped my hand even more. My heart was lifted.
The next few minutes, we just spent our time together listening to his favourite hymnal and golden oldies tunes that we've turned on for him to listen next to his bed. I started singing and I tapped my finger on his to the beat. He did the same! Although very softly. I just burst out in smiles.
Daddy is slowly gaining his strength from the Lord day by day. To watch him do what he did today was pure joy. Everyday has been a new day for us. In trying times like this, we're learning to trust God more each day.
Love, out.
1 comment:
Post a Comment