Saturday, April 14, 2012

14/4

In His time, Dad will wake up fully and realise how much the Lord and his family loves him.

Mum encouraged Dad today that when he is well and better, she will follow him to become a witness for God and how He had spared his life right from the beginning. Dad squeezed Mum's hand as he heard her words of love and encouragement. How beautiful is this?

I might have been an annoyance to Dad today when I kept pestering him about trying to fully open his eyes. I tend to contradict myself - I'd encourage him to take his time, then I'd drop a bomb by saying something along the lines of "but, not too long!". Mum gave me a glare. At the moment, he only opens them when he reacts to pain. The doctor pinches him once in a while to get some form of reaction, then Dad goes back to being sleeping beauty all day.

I miss him, but our family have learnt to bring some joy into the room as we watch and cheer Dad on as he moves his arms and left leg. His right limbs are definitely still weak, so we've been encouraging him to push his right hand towards our palm as much as he can. I counted 5 times he did today! Despite his eyes still closed, Dad is responding to us. This is a good sign of progress we had hoped for from the beginning.

Slowly we are standing on firmer ground, learning to trust God to take each day as it comes. We can never rush into it. We wait, patiently.

I read a passage to Daddy today from Jeremiah 29:11 -
"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


Please pray that Dad will slowly open his eyes fully. Pray that God will continue to heal his body and the swelling in his brain from all the surgeries.

Pray for strength as our family are keeping up our energy to stay at the hospital to watch over Daddy. Pray also that God will encourage us not to lose hope so easily, and pray against doubts and worries over Dad's health.

Love, out.

1 comment:

antitofu said...

you made me cry . I am praying babes xxxx gie