Saturday, November 21, 2009

Weekend, alas!

I've been counting the days until I can finally sit by the study table and not worry about getting any work done for tomorrow because... the weekend is finally here. SIGH. Streched legs and a happy heart is highly recommended these days.

Barcelona. Beautiful city, sandy beaches. Am very keen to visit this place during my easter break. Found very cheap air tickets and hostels to live in as well. Excited much but the only problem is having to gather a person or people to go with me! I'm looking forward to spending some nice time relaxing and exploring the land of Spain before the final exams kick in and I start going mad again.

Germany. The city called Freiburg. A university town where I'd like to do my internship at a german law firm or court during the summer holidays. Application is now opened so I had better start working on my reference letters and such. I want this so badly! It would be an awesome experience, one I would cherish very much. You know me, I get sentimental.

Moldova. An alternative if I don't get the place to intern at Freiburg. I won't take it to heart, I'm just going with the flow, waiting to see where the Lord takes me. It would be very exciting to go there to do some mission work where OM work with school children within a small community. That was my original plan, before Germany came about. I like having choices though, because you'll never know where you'll end up! It's thrilling. You actually get to see God in action!

I'm currently working on an assignment based on the recruitment of child soldiers. I bought a book titled - Violence to Protection. And I must say that the words of the stories told from this book is absolutely heartbreaking and suprisingly moving. Many nights now before I go to bed, I make myself read a chapter or 2, and hope that I won't tear the next night I pick it up. Having said that, it motivates me to write a good piece because of the anger and spirit I feel for them inside. I usually have a say in alot of things.... and I make sure I say it right.


Here's to the lost boys (and girls) around the world; a lost love, a lost of dignity, a lost of identity. But to a newer future, to a new everlasting hope.


Have a beautiful weekend!

Love out!

1 comment:

Angie Li Yuet Jia said...

babe i dont mind going on a holiday with you in april (i mean we were suppose to do xmas together....but can it not be barcelona..i jsut went ler!! :(( somewhere else? you name it.......i've not bn to anywhere except for dublin and spain!! :))