Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thoughts about R2

Kate Barker has officially become my movie buddy. Funny and incredibly sarcastic, she's one of my best girly I've met here in Aber. We love the same God, we like boys, and we share same views about the world. Someday, she plans to travel to Asia with her boyfriend Adam and Malaysia will be one she'll want to go to visit. Speaking of movies, the both of us decided to catch the Revolutionary Road yesterday evening featuring the Titanic lovers, Kate & Leo. - the film is brilliant. The impact that it had on me was crucial. A couple that was striving to be different; to live their dream and wanting to break out of the social conventions is one that I find so aspiring to watch. Many of us question our existence and what is it that we really want in our lives. Well, this film questions the reality of it. Obviously whoever wrote this film tried to portray the world as a place where betrayal, emptiness and hopelessness lingers.The two main characters were used to carry a sense of meaning to life. I found that it had alot to do with "us against the world" and which of the two will prevail. If you have seen the film, you might have guessed which got defeated. We're given free will to choose the way we want to live. At the end of the day, there's nothing left to be said but death. Life in this world is good only if we want it to be.

For what is worth, Kate and I enjoyed the movie though we agreed that it's definitely not one of those romantic film that you might expect from Kate & Leonardo after Titanic. Some scenes moved me to tears but only because I felt I could relate to April (Kate). Sam Mendes did an awesome job with this film. Watch it. You might love it like I have.

x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the movie is based on a book called revolutionary road....apparently it is better than the movie....


nonetheless, it was a good movie. Kate Winslet is a fantastic actress...n Leo, well...he's just getting hotter by the year! P.S. HE doesn't date American gals...pewrhaps he's wise?

Keisha