Monday, March 23, 2009

Out of tune

It's almost 2 in the morning though the time on my blog says otherwise. I was too lazy to change it when I came to Britain. Up till now, I couldn't really be bothered. I've been up all day today, working on my assignment that is due on Wednesday. Can't wait for the easter break to start and then with finals coming up.. gosh, it's going to be crucial. I've been so worked up lately I just need a big break. I need rest. Though I do get looooads of sleep but there's this uneasiness that I feel which doesn't give me peace. I wonder why. Sometimes, I would wake up in the middle of the night feeling so down. I'm guessing I'm just horribly homesick. And the sad part is..I miss playing my piano awfully a lot. I went to the christian union meeting on Friday last evening. As I stood there worshiping the Lord with beautiful songs of praise, my eyes were fixed on the piano. My fingers were longing to touch the keys and in my mind I just kept humming songs that I would usually play at home and my ultimate favourite was Blue Moon. Every weekend would be the day I sit and play for pleasure. I miss that. I'm going to learn how to play the guitar because it's the only instrument that I could keep in my room here and play music when I feel like it. Unless someone has a micro mini piano that could fit in my small little room I would be happy to pay for that. Until then, this song will be one of my request to learn on the strings.



Besides, acoustic music has always served me well. Maybe it's about time I pick it up with my very fingers that has been loyal to the piano for almost 16 years now. How about that?

Have a good week ahead. x

No comments: