I woke up this morning with an urge to share this.
I love God's humour.
I was traveling back to Cardiff at the beginning of August to sit for exam papers I missed when I went home to visit Daddy. Of course, my heart was just broken leaving home again, and I dreaded to get on that plane.
So I prayed and prayed, and I asked Jesus to watch over my journey, and that nothing horrible would happen to make my trip much worst than it already is in my heart. The flight to Amsterdam was nice and smooth. I slept right through, and I got to my transit on time. Then came the steward giving me a landing card that I usually have to fill up as I enter the UK borders. For years of my travel, I've always had the habit of filling the card up on the plane before the queue at immigration. If you've been to the UK, you'd understand why you would hate to be the last in line! I searched my bag, no pen.
So I said to the Lord, "You see? there's always something bound to happen. I need a pen! Please let someone sit next to me on the plane so I can borrow a pen!"
Boarded. Nobody came. Empty seat. "Ok, great. I'm going to have to look for one when I land. God, now I'm going to be way behind the queue." Got my book and Ipod out, and I stopped whining. After all... it's only a pen.
A steward came up to me half an hour through my flight to Cardiff - "Excuse me miss, but could you help us do something?" I said, "Yeah, sure what is it?"
"Oh, do you mind filling up our airline customer survey? It only takes 5 minutes."
"Ok, sure." She passes me the survey form and said,
"and this pen is for you."
I burst out into big smiles, looked into the sky, and said "Lord, nice one!"
Got a pen, filled in the landing card, and I was first in line!
God really does have a sense of humour.
Love, out.
No comments:
Post a Comment