Sunday, September 2, 2012

Daddy news and Home away

My Daddy has started to walk, right foot moving forward, and a walking tripod stick on his left hand.

I could never have been happier when Mum sent my the video of him at therapy. Now I cannot wait to return home next week to see him WALK! Happy and hopeful days are ahead.

So this is really the end of my journey here in Wales. When I get on that flight from London, it's no more. There is really no reason for me to come back again. Life in Cardiff, is finished. And I'm glad the hard part is over. Now it's facing new challenges - work!

As I was packing my things into my shipping boxes, I couldn't help but to think back of all the memories I've made especially in Aberystwyth. Every momento just reminded me of everything. I prayed to the Lord, and my heart is just so at peace.. knowing that home is where I should be. Home is truly where God has called me to be.

5 days till home. I'm so ready!

Just finished this book titled 'When God doesn't make sense' by James Dobson


I strongly recommend it especially to any person going through a storm that doesn't seem to calm down. Dobson touches on how to deal with suffering - do we moan about it, or do we pick ourselves up and say I'll trust Him, how should we approach our prayer life when we're feeling the lowest, and to being honest with ourselves as to what we really think of God - is He someone you demand answers from, or someone you go to and say "Lord, I can't do it alone." I like how he draws from real life situations from people he has known from his church, testimonies and real stories that made me cry as I read from page to page. Stories of child deaths, terminal illnesses, tragedies - every one of it was so moving but heart wrenching. But he ends with an important note which I loved - God was part of it all. God never left. God was and is there. So the testimonies goes on to share how God mends broken hearts, even when it's too difficult to forget or to move on. God takes us out, and restores us. Dobson acknowledges that suffering will come, heartaches will come, death will come - that's the reality. But he also encourages, but where there is also Jesus, joy will come, peace will come, heaven will come.

My favourite quotes from the book -
"We serve this Lord not because He dances to our tune, but because we trust His prominence in our lives."

"The Lord puts us on a spiritual treadmill every now and then to keep us in good fighting condition."

"He knows your name and He has seen every tear you shed. He was there on each occasion when life took a wrong turn."

Loved it. I could read this again. What an encouragement to my faith. It was as though Jesus was really showing me that people out there too, suffer. And He too can heal. And He too will heal my family.


Love, out.

No comments: