Thursday, August 2, 2012

Yesterday


It only feels like yesterday when this picture was taken 9 years ago at La Bodega, in Jalan Telawi, Bangsar.
Dad and I were celebrating our birthdays together, and I had just turned 14. Look how fresh I look?! Dad had margarita, and I think that was the first time I ever tasted my first drink of alcohol under adult supervision!

Wow. Time does pass you by. And so much can happen.

Dad is coming home more often now over the weekends. Doctor has recommended that this is one of the best form of therapy, which is to allow him to smell home again and to remind him of memories of the house and us as a family.


This was his recent home visit (28/7/2012). 
Behind on the left are friends from church, grandma, Jian Sheng and Uncle Jeff. 


When I look back to our lives together, it still breaks my heart. I wonder to myself the "what could have been.." or I question the big "what ifs..". But mum gave me some very good advice the other day and she said - we don't look back. It's not going to change anything. We look forward. We make new memories. 


Love, out. 

No comments: