Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sabah, Borneo


My mission trip to Sabah was a life changing experience. There were definitely some difficult times, but the good days were the best. The many blessed conversations that I have had with the team brought all of us together despite coming from different parts of the world; aiming to serve and love the Lord with our mighty hearts. The most important thing that God has taught me through this trip is to HOPE in Him, and staying faithful to our God believing that He himself is forever faithful. Believe it or not, that was what kept me going. Faith.

The difficult part of the journey was the traveling and actually stepping out of our comfort zone - we didn't have electricity and running water most of time so we learnt to make do with whatever essentials we could get our hands on. Peeing in the bushes became our specialty which until today, I would still have a good laugh about it with my friend and team leader, Ee Vee. There were days when I just cried in the dark, wanting all of this to be over. I felt like I couldn't go on because I was exhausted and just purely uncomfortable. But God is bigger than whatever problems and brighter than any darkness that we fall into. He showed me that when we're out of fuel, He is our generator; He gives us rest when we're weary; He fills our thirsting cup when we run dry; and He gives us that love and spirit so that we can use that to bless another life. Let me tell you that I love our God. He is so real that to experience Him is such a wonderful thing. To witness Him in the furthest most rural places is most rewarding.

The children and people that we met along the way has brought so much tears and laughter to our team. God has revealed to me how much of a heart that I'll need if I want to draw people to Christ and it's definitely a challenge that I came home with today. Pastor Laila taught us a song titled 'Ku mau cinta Yesus selamanya'; a song which got me to question - how far am I willing to go for the Lord? Do I love Him enough to go that double extra mile to tell the world about Jesus? I'm slowly understanding that mission work isn't as easy as I thought it would be. Patience, love and faithfulness is crucial when we finally say - Yes God, send me.

How far will you go?


Our mission theme
H.U.N.G.E.R
Helping Us Needing God in Everyday Reality
OM mission teams that traveled to Laos, Nepal, Philippines, Taiwan, Myanmar, Cambodia & Malaysia

Roomies during the mission training at Port Dickson
Ee Vee & I at one of the villages
Kids getting ready for some fun & games

God's beautiful creation




Ku mau cinta Yesus, selamanya. (I want to love Jesus, forever)

Cinta, out.

No comments: