Thursday, September 25, 2008

Wales, Aberystwyth

I've finally arrived at Wales. It's a real beauty here in Aberystwyth. I'm currently staying at the student village, Pentre Jane Morgan where we stay in a house that accommodates at least 6 people. All of us will share a kitchen with a common area attached to it and toilets! My room is suprisingly HUGE! I have alot of space that my parents got me a bean bag for me to bum on. Storing lots of shoes is not a problem either! It's all good.. so far :) My housemate Natasha is from Ukraine,studying law as well so we attend lectures together. Her friend, Yuri accompanies us in the house most of the time. I'm starting to warm up to these people although most of the time I listen to them speak Russian...it's fun. Oh and today, a new housemate arrived from Malaysiaaaaaaa!! He's apparently from KL as well doing law here at Aber. :D

Last night, it was the first time My parents and I cooked in the kitchen. An instant fried rice which all I had to do was put in the the microwave to heat it up and... VOLA! - dinner :D I think I can manage once my parents leave. Haha. Thank goodness KSA got me a recipe book which I knew would come in handy. My parents have been the best the last couple of days. With alot of things to buy and move in, they've helped through every single thing. From the utensils to the pots&pans to pillows and laundry baskets.. EVERYTHING. What would I have done without them. I don't even want to imagine what it'd be like when they leave me on Sunday. *SOB*

I'm loving Aberystwyth very much. :) This town reminds me alot of a scene in the Harry Potter film where Hagrid buys Harry his first owl and wand in the first episode. I hope I'll feel more like home here soon enough.

Seafront view.

Pathway that leads to the student village.


part of the student village (Pentre Jane Morgan)

my house is where the car is parked at the front. It's a double story resident and I'm located upstairs between the new Msian dude and the bathroom.

My housemate Natasha with her friend Yuri

ttfn :)

No comments: