Monday, August 25, 2008

Against Tears

My best friend Fiona Ren and I said our goodbyes today. She's leaving to HK tomorrow for the holidays before she goes off to Melbourne next year with Eric. The thing is, I'll be gone when Fi gets back from HK and the saddest part had to come, to say goodbye. Yeah..yeah, "in today's world there's always skype and webcams", well.. that doesn't always work for me. Physically contact is important to me. Sometimes, what a person really needs is a friend to be.. right there - not watching through a lens. So, I'm falling hard just thinking of my good old buddy and myself part ways. What's even harder is having to fight back the tears. *sniff*


During our trip at Langkawi at the beginning of the year.



On her 18th birthday. Teehee! This picture will haunt her forever.


I'm leaving to Wales in 15 days. The thought of it just scares me. No friends, new place.. challenging indeed. To myself - "It's time to grow up". The most exciting thing happened to me today. A lady named Wendy contacted me today and told me she would be interested to sell my jewellery designs at her boutique... IN THE UK! The weird part is, she has no idea where I'm from or that I'll be leaving to the UK in 2 weeks! Coincidental? :D

I won't end on an emo note. Not today.

ttfn :)

No comments: