Time passes very quickly during the exam period. I'm not sure if that's a good thing. At this point, I need 48 hours in a day to get as much revision done as possible. Oh dearyyyyy me........ let this be over sooooon. My poor brain cells just can't take it no more!
Once my final paper ends next Friday, it's time to clean my room (BOO), pack up and head to Bristol for our final road trip of the semester! And we I mean, Suet Mey, Kath, Prasad and myself are driving down to Cornwall for a couple days to chill-ax, chitty chat, tea and scones, and lots and lots of sight seeing. Now that's what I call a holiday. After that, it'll be a 13 hours flight back to a place called Kuala Lumpur. So mummy and daddy, brace yourself! :D
I'm very excited to get home. I told Ed that I'm most excited to see Dottie and I don't think he was very impressed! But aside from being with family again, I'm looking forward to the internship programme that I got with Amnesty International which is a Human Rights NGO that I've been very eager to work with. This organisation mainly works to raise awareness about children and women's rights around the world and considering how our law doesn't place enough emphasis on these rights, it'll be rewarding to learn about their mission in Malaysia.
Speaking of exciting plans, mission to Sabah is one that I'm constantly thinking about! You can read about what I've been up to at www.linnie4malaysia.blogspot.com
I find myself drowning in all kinds of music lately, Jason Mraz and Norah Jones in particular. The first thing I do in the morning is switch on my laptop, tune in to Last.fm, devotion, and get on with revision. Music brings out the feeling that all's good and it's such a joy to be reminded that life is not as bad as you think it is sometimes.
If you're feeling rather blue lately, here's a list of songs that I gathered when too much revision just gets to me.
* Kate Voegele : Devil in me, Kindly Unspoken, Wish you were, It's only life.
* Jason Mraz : Love of a child, Details in the fabric, Beautiful mess
* Norah Jones : Turn me on, Don't know why
* Amos Lee : Colours
* James Blunt : Tears and Rain
* John Mayer : Daughters
* Guns 'n' Roses : Knocking on heavens door
* Bon Jovie : Always
There's nothing like the sweet sound of voices being filled in your room.

Enjoy and happy weekend-ing.
To music, out!
No comments:
Post a Comment