Sunday, September 20, 2009

3. 27

I can't believe 3 months gone, just in a blink of eye. I leave to the UK in just about 27 hours. I'm excited and feeling quite blue at the same time. I can't wait to see my new place, make new friends and walk about the town once again but... it's always sad to leave the family and dog behind. If you know me well enough by now, I'm horrible at goodbyes. I cry like a baby when noone's watching, and my heart aches like it's being literally cut open. Mum and Dad are coming to visit me this Christmas but it still feels like forever at this time of the year. Christmas in Aberystwyth is nothing like being at home with some cartoons and having my Mum's famous christmas pudding in the night. The friends and decorations at the mall makes it all the more homey whereas back in Wales, the town is deserted and cafes are closed so you're left with pratically noone around, and a pathetic frozen pie waiting for you in the fridge. This year will be different - Christmas in London and New Years in Dublin with the parents so, it ought to be a good trip to look forward to.

I'm going to miss home, especially my dog Dottie. Am almost in tears just typing this down because the thought of being a thousand of miles away brings no feeling of comfort or whatsoever. Only distance. On a brighter note, I vowed to work harder this semester and hopefully hard enough to get myself a 1st class honours. I'm very determined to make my God and parents proud of me and with all the strength I can get, I will not let anyone or anything stand in my way.

Sigh.... but obviously at this very moment, my heart is flooded with thoughts of sad goodbyes and a new beginning.

Until I write again, in Aberystwtyh.

Love out!

No comments: