It's almost Chinese New Year. I recieved a card signed by my cousins 2 days ago that moved me to tears, again. I lied on my bed and thought about the times I shared with my family especially during this time of the year. Not being with my parents on Christmas was bad, not being with my entire family on Chinese New Year is heartbreaking indeed. It's the only time where everyone gathers in my grandma's place and talk the nights away. I miss my cousins Trina,Kevin & Chrystal who I used to take late night drives with and endless mamak sessions when everyone is in bed. I miss the rascals in Tropicana who won't stop asking me silly questions about everything under the sun. Damien, who is growing up so quickly and his sister Kate who will grow up not knowing her Aunt Lin.
My brother; my best friend I count on anytime. The only person who reminds me of the good memories our family have shared. This new years, sadly won't have memories of us.
My parents; they're my everything. I would trade anything in my life just to see them now. I'm counting the days when I shall return and give both a gigantic hug and baby kisses. That's right, I'm still their baby girl.
Edmund, who knows me inside out. Thoughts of him brings lovely memories that I will cherish almost for the rest of my life.
God, who will love me forever. In this moment of homesickness, He never fails to support me with good friends who are just as crazy for Him as I am.
Distance does make the heart grow fonder.
Have a great Chinese New Year everyone.
Have a great Chinese New Year everyone.

No comments:
Post a Comment