Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What's yours?

I came across this quote this morning while I was doing my precious time with you-know-who on the Daily Bread -

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain

"Sail away from the safe harbor" implies the courage we should take hold to step out of our nutshell. - "Have I?" I couldn't even answer myself. Does God really want me to "Explore. Dream. and Discover"? It's hard to determine in which area He wants us to explore and discover isn't it? I obviously want to make sure that my next step is definitely what God wants me to do. How will I know?

What about "Dream"? Mel Wong once told me this before I came to the UK - "Sometimes God puts dreams in our hearts so that we have something to work and achieve for to honour Him." Do not think of Disney World! His is real and so much more exciting. I have dreams! Whether or not they're going to happen someday, I'll know.

Maybe sailing away from the safe harbour is what it takes to find that dream that God so wants us to hold.

xx

No comments: