It was my first Christmas away from home and thankfully, Abigail & family made it a memorable one for me. It was definately a new experience for me to spend a traditional christmas with an english family. 'Lunch' was known as 'dinner', while 'dinner' was 'supper', and in between there were lots of tea,biscuits and cakes. I couldn't help but smile as I watch myself living in what I usually see in movies. Abi's grandma Leslie made it very interesting with her endless questions about Malaysia and my family back home. Talking about my country and home reminded me of how much I truly missed it, especially my parents.
We spent most of our time playing board games and watching christmassy movies with tea time and nibbles to snack on in between. Oh, and not to mention the yummy turkey we had on Christmas day itself. The food was delicious I actually felt I gained a few pounds. Abi's family was really warm and welcoming,especially her lil brother Dan and big sister Samantha. I felt like I was a part of them for a while that I got upset when it was time for me to leave to London to meet Hana and her mum.
The sale in London was madness. H&M has got it all - I WENT WILD. Clothes there were so cheap! Obviously I knew my limits but it was so hard to resist! Hana's mum took us to Porto Bello where we had MALAYSIAN FOOD. I had char kuay teow (no question!) with teh tarik and karipuffs for starters. I came back to Aberystwyth a happy girl :)
All in all, my christmas was an enjoyable one. Nevertheless, I just wished I could've spent it with my family & friends back home. I miss them so much.
Guildford
Dan Priddy (church mate who came to visit) & Abi at the ice ring.
Ice skating isn't really my thing.
Abi's other half: Sam & Dan.
A game of PIT. It belongs to Grandma Leslie so you can imagine how old this game is! Grandma Leslie
Grandpa Beryl & grandma Leslie taking a stroll along the countryside. It was picture perfect!
The family who took care of me. Abi's parents, Heather & Alan with Dan.
Apple the pig!
London
Makan Cafe at Porto Bello.
Hana & Aunty Sadiah
Nice hot chocolate serves me well in winter.
A short visit with Jian Hua
..and of course I had to see Chryssy Loh!
It's one of the best way to end my year of 2008. I can't wait to hear from year 2009!
Till my next post next year! x
Merry New Year everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment