Sunday, April 14, 2013

Wonderstruck

There's something missing. I know it. And I can't sleep at night.

I want to be awaken to God's presence. I want to be restored. I want to take walks with Jesus again, and talk, talk and... talk. I miss Him. My relationship with God is like a coffee chat, a quick catch up, then I'm off. He doesn't deserve it. I know that. I miss Him, a lot.

I'm reading the book called Wonderstruck, by Margaret Feinberg. It's such a wonderful read, and I enjoy how I'm just thinking about God as I'm turning each page. It's like reading a love story about Him, except it's an invitation to encourage you to pick up your Bible and meet Him there.

My favourite quote of Maggie in this book is this -
"For me, praying for pixie dust was an expression of childlike receptivity. More than anything, I wanted Jesus to catch me up in his arms and twirl me in the air".

"Praying for pixie dust is an invitation for God to lavish you with His loving kindness"..

As I was reading this, I thought, I want pixie dust. I want twirling in the air, and falling into Jesus' arms. You must be missing out if you don't any of it. Sounds lovely doesn't it?

I miss God. Do we ever say that enough?

I'm praying for, change. For, wonder. For, life. Surely, there's more.


I challenge you to be wonderstruck!

Love, out. 

No comments: