Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Feeling the love

I do feel as though I'm at the stage where I wonder if marriage will happen someday. A home with kids, a handsome husband who loves Jesus, and me being a mom and wife who can cook or bake... you know, the whole package. Some say I'm way too young to begin with. But I really don't think so. I've always wanted to be a young mom and wife. It's my prime time to be doing it at best. Plus, I don't really believe in prolonging a romantic relationship with someone if it's not going to lead towards marriage.

I'm honestly a very dream-eyed girl, who sits in bed and have got everything from the wedding venue, how I'd love my dress to be like, the theme, and who I'd make as bridesmaids, to who I'd ask to officiate the ceremony all planned out - all this, without a prospective husband! I'm just laughing to myself saying, "God, can You actually take me seriously?" Haha. But all kidding aside, I know that I desire a married life with a life partner. I want to spend the rest of my life with a man who loves God, and whom I know will love and cherish me through the best and hard days. I've learnt a great deal about unconditional love as I watch how my mom loves and cherishes dad's life. It's not easy, but as I watch her do it, to me, it's just so worth it. It'll be an honour if I could love like mom does. And I know for sure, that that's who I want to become when I finally meet my husband. How can it go wrong if God orchestrates it? How can it go wrong if this love I'm speaking of is, God. 

I recently found this book which is such a light and easy read, that one chapter a night before you go to bed gives you the satisfaction that God really does want to write your love story. Witty, honest, and unfairy-tale-like! Loved it. It's on loan! 



So as I wait for the right season to date again, my friend Joyce recently sent me this video about waiting for him, called "I will wait for you" by Poet Jannette. Her rich words hits you to the core that you can't go to bed without thinking it.



"when you speak, I will be reminded of Solomon's wisdom, when you lead, I will be reminded of Moses, your faith, will remind me of Abraham, your confidence and God's word will remind me of Daniel, your inspiration will remind me of Paul, your heart for God will remind me of David, your attention to detail will remind me of Noah, your integrity will remind me of Joseph, your ability to abandon your own will, will remind me of the disciples, but your ability to love selflessly and unconditionally will remind me of Christ."

Boom! That's the kind of man I know I deserve :) 


True love, out. xxx

No comments: