Neil draws very important ways on how to begin an organic church movement, and this book definitely has very good insights on how to start, where and most importantly, why. I love how he emphasizes so strongly in his book that it has to start with Jesus. Otherwise, don't do it. It just made me think, that it's so true how often we leave Jesus out of the picture when really, God is the actual painter.
I enjoyed brewing over this book the past few weeks, it gave me a whole new perspective and outlook on what "church" could be or is meant to be and, the way Jesus may have intended it to be :).
A page turner :)
I then came across the Organic God by my favourite author, Margaret Fienberg which I MUST get my hands on because according to some of her reviews, Maggie shares on how to begin an organic relationship with God and makes very strong scriptural references from the Bible and encounters with this amazing God. I get very excited when I get to read of what God can do in peoples' lives today :)

Oh and by the way, Margaret recently realised that I've been a big fan of her writings and has requested for me to write a review for her on Amazon once I've read this book! HOW COOL IS THAT? Fine, it's no big deal but a small fry like me just got a bit too excited when I received a personal message from her via Twitter! :D
Here's to good books over cups of tea/coffee/milo. *slurp*
Love, out.

No comments:
Post a Comment