Sunday, January 6, 2013

All things new and be inspired

It's a new year. I woke up on 1 January 2013 with this thought in mind;

It is time to close the chapter on last year and to open a new in the coming year. Life doesn't end then, but the beginning of something new. I'm ready to face what my God has prepared ahead of me; may it be greater challenges, bigger adventures, unexpected discoveries, and a renewed spirit to embark on this journey with my Lord.

I wanted to read a book to excite myself about... just life. So.. I started the week reading this book by Patrick Regan, founder of XLP in London titled - "No Ceiling to Hope". A book about troubled youth in East London and South California, living it rough, being all gangster and shooting boys down like life don't matter. Stories we've all probably seen in the news or watched on television before but, Patrick speaks of the hope we have in Jesus like, how do we make use of this hope to change the lives of a troubled community? and how do we be this beacon of hope? XLP is an urban youth charity based in East London which seeks to help transform lives of young people who are involved in gangs,  drugs and very much living a troubled lifestyle. The birth of this charity was a result of a stabbing of teenager at a playground which moved Patrick to start up this organisation to fight against social issues such as these. The more I read about their works, the more inspired I got. Something in me wanted more. So in 2 weeks, I will be visiting one of their projects in Lewisham to learn more about what they do and to find out what God will show me there. I can't wait.

Read it, and you too will be inspired.



Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: the faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is His faithfulness, His mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, "The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!" - Lamentations 3:21-24

Love, out

No comments: