Sunday, December 2, 2012

December, December

It's December. Year 2013 will take over in a matter of weeks.

Mum and I agreed that this year had gone by very quickly for the family. Ever since Dad's accident in April, time moved on and we've not even stop to take a breather. Next year, will be a new year for us all. We want to make new memories with Dad, and we've vowed to live our lives like never before. Mum wants to take him on a cruise around Europe, travel to Japan and Korea, and go places they've never been before. It's time.

For me, I've decided to quit my first job, realising that perhaps it's really not what I want to be spending my time doing. The work place is great, but the job scope I found was just not suitable for me. This Friday will be my last before I move on. I'm now preparing to work for an NGO called Malaysian Care beginning January. I'm placed in the Prison,Drugs & Aids Patients (PDA) support unit working alongside with Kenneth Wong, Director of the PDA. I don't know what to expect but it's going to be challenging and exciting. I can't wait. It's always been something I've always wanted to do. Surely God has placed me here at the right time for a much bigger purpose.

Will blog more about the exciting work in the future :)

So the family tradition in our home is that each of us will only get one Christmas gift each, so we have to make it count. I've got tons on my list, that either one for me will truly be appreciated!

As mentioned over and over again, I really really want the book by Maggie Freinberg called Wonderstruck I've been a total book nerd by joining her book competitions to win a copy of it! Haha but obviously, it's too good to be true.

So I've added more books to the list -

I've read reviews on The Help and apparently it's really,really good. I've only seen half the film on a plane but fell asleep so I never got to find out the ending. Not too sure if it's the film, or I was just really tired. It's supposedly empowering in areas of human rights, and a true projection of love, and ultimate kindness of a human being who made a difference. By the sound of it, I think it's worth a read! Yes, please :)


Nick's book was translated into various other languages, so it gotta be good! I know this man loves and adores Jesus, and it'd be cool to read how God led his life. Must be truly remarkable. I cannot possibly imagine what it must have been like. Yes, this is definitely a must get I'm sure.



I can picture the month of December being very relaxed, and I look forward to the afternoons indulging in exciting books over a cuppa and, having Frank Sinatra play from the dock. I sound like a granny, but it's nothing like it. Try it :) I've also yet to find a nice chilled out cafe in KL where I can enjoy some reading, and talk to strangers. I'm not a weirdo... but try it! 

It's the Bangsar Youth Camp coming up in 2 weeks in Penang. Exciting times. Whooop!

Here's to a wonderful time of December. 

Love, out. 

No comments: