Sunday, February 5, 2012

Feeling blue

It's been a tough weekend. It's Sunday, and I'm just waiting for it to be over. All of it.

I discovered that I didn't pass one of my Bar exams which was obviously a big let down. It served me a slow and painful reminder that pride and over confidence is no ticket to doing well. Also laziness, and the "i don't care" attitude will not take you far. It certainly didn't for me. It's hard to accept it, but that's the reality of it all. And it sucks. Big time.

If you know me well, I tend to feel sorry for myself for a while, before I learn to pick myself up again. I'm at the sorry stage. Chocolates and music are good company. Misery loves company right? I live in in pjs until it's time to take a shower, and then back on. What can I say? I'm not super girl. Wait.. didn't Batman fall? Aha.

WL has been really encouraging so far, so are my family. WL and I even made a rap song out of my failure just for kicks. That made me laugh so much but it didn't last very long until I was back in off mode, and hibernation under my duvet.

Don't get me wrong, the Bar is good for me. I'm learning a lot more than I thought I would and I'm thankful I'm in it. Just wished the hurdles were easier to pass through, you know? Despite me sounding like a loser before, I know for a fact I've got 4 months left to step up my game. I'm determined to try harder nevertheless. My God is slowly encouraging me and I know He's got my back. I just have to remind myself that every single morning before I start off the day.

So if you're feeling rather blue yourself, here's a song list to accompany you as you isolate yourself from the world!

1- The Notebook soundtracks
2- P.S I love you soundtracks
3- Hazy by Rosi Golan
4- Paperweight by Joshua Radin
5- The Way I am by Ingird Michaelson
6- Absolutely by Starfield

Movies?
I say go for the Pursuit of Happyness or Young Victoria. I'm quite a soppy one.


Till the light at the end of a tunnel shines through,
Out!

1 comment:

MariaSofia! said...

n'aww linnie-fred! you'll be fine :) you're a trooper *hugs* (this is soph btw lol)