Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Kina's gig

A shot of Kina at Bristol with my very lousy Blackberry curve camera tech.


I went to see Kina Grannis live in Bristol last night, and it was goooooooooooood! Her performance is 10 xs better live! You could actually hear her voice and the details of every tone - high, low and the in between. Loved it. For once, I could actually enjoy a gig in comfort - no huge crowds and sweaty bodies rubbing against each other.

Aside from her original creation like In Your Arms, Valentine, and Message from your heart - she did a cover of Fix You which was my ultimate favourite and there was Oops I did it again which brought shivers down my spine in a good way! Of course, my blackberry curve could not capture the magic moments, so I resided to her Youtube videos to get the chills of last night's show, and it's been on replay on my computer over and over again. Particularly the 2 covers she did.

She's a real star.


I also discovered that her imaginary friend i.e Imaginary Friend EP is another upcoming acoustic singer whom I now have on Twitter, and tweeted him how much I enjoyed listening to his creation I bought on CD at the gig for 5 quid! He tweeted back! He could be the next Jason Mraz for all you know, and then I can tell my friends Imaginary Friend once tweeted me. Haha did I ever mention I'm quite a loser in my own little world?

So anyway, here's my new imaginary friend with Kina in all its glory.

1 comment:

Connie Bonnie said...

hehehehe glad that you enjoyed the gig:)

Oh btw EP is not part of his name. EP means Extended Play, which is smth shorter than an album but longer than a single :)

p/s He is so hot!

connie
xD