Instead, I'm here in Cardiff, cuddling up in bed, with some Modern Family and Friends series on the computer, refusing to be buried in books on such a festive occasion that I treasure very much with the entire family. I hate being such a pooper, but it has been 4 years now since I last celebrated the Chinese New Year.
The thought of being home, even just for a week, brings tears to my lovely eyes as I recall the last time we were all sitting around together, and catching up with the latest. Of course this year will be a different one for all as we've just lost our grandfather recently. Nevertheless, our family strives to make this one a memorable one for grandma as she moves on from the difficult times to a new year of new beginnings.
The year of the dragon will be a benchmark for many of the us. A new baby on the way who will become my 2nd niece, JS leaving to Birmingham to pursue his studies, Me and Kevin returning home to Malaysia, and the rest we'll never know.
I only knew a dragon was a made up creature when I was 16 years old. What can I say? I'm a late bloomer in the family.
This advertisement has never failed to move me ever since I saw it on Astro years back. Today, it still speaks to me about never loosing sight of our precious ones. Let it be the same for you as well :)
Happy Dragon Year to all Chinese!
*tong tong tong chaaaannnnggggg*
Love, out.
No comments:
Post a Comment