Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Grace

Sometimes I forget that God is constantly working in my life. Here's what He had done for me recently that I should never ever forget.

I had been elected as the chair person for the Aberystwyth Malaysian Night committee this year. Basically, my job is to coordinate the event and make sure that everything's in good hands such as coming up with marketing strategies, finding the perfect venue to hold the event, searching for possible sponsors for the event etc.

It was rather difficult to find large companies to sponsor a university in a small place like Aberystwtyh. Malaysia Airlines or Air Asia had probably not even heard of us. But that's ok. So being me, I was worried that we wouldn't be able to fund our event without costing more than 10 pounds for a ticket. Of course, being students we're all living on a budget. So we couldn't possibly ask everyone to pay very much. Worry worry worry. I earnestly asked God for help. Throughout the winter holidays, it wasn't very peaceful for me. My heart was so burdened, and my head was constantly thinking and spinning that I could hardly sleep at night. Boxing day shopping and sight seeing wasn't even a joy anymore.

2 weeks ago, God asnwered my prayers. Our law department had kindly sponsored us some money. I won't say how much they had given us, but let's just say my heart was beating again. Though the rest thought it still wasn't enough, I saw it as a miracle!! I was genuinely HAPPY. And I had God to thank for. He lifted my burdens and threw them so far away, that I didn't worry whether it would be enough or not but I knew that God was working right in front of my eyes.

Tonight, I sit by my desk telling the world that God is real. I'm a person that is realistic and passionate about life. But I'm not this person if it weren't for Jesus who taught me how to turn my eyes to Him, and listen, and live. The Chinese would say that's it's unlucky to talk about death. But as a christian, there is hope when we speak of it. Because, that would be the mark of a beautiful start with God in heaven.

Face it, this is REAL life!

Grace, out.

No comments: