I feel like I've been away from home for ages. This month marks my 5th month here in Aberystwyth. There's obviously some ups and downs but so far, life is good thanks to my God above. Though, I hate the days when I wake up and the first thing I think of are my parents and Dottie. My dad's morning greetings everytime he sees me walking down the stairs to the kitchen brings back comforting memories of home. Not to mention, the nasi lemak he buys me for breakfast every Saturday. Sadly here, it's cereals or toast with tea that I force myself to make on weekends and weekdays. My mum on the other hand recently mailed me some nice Malaysian BOH tea for me to enjoy. The quantity is obviously very limited so I'm definitely taking slow sips at a time.
Fiona, Brownie, Stick, Eric & Chua have finally gotten themselves into different universities in Australia. Distance will never get in my way of keeping in touch though, I miss them so dearly. I can't wait for the day when we meet again, seated at Baskin Robbins or Nirvanas with awesome stories to share. I'm so proud of all of us for coming this far.
As for my law degree? It's the hardest thing I've ever had to do so far in my life. Assignments are piling up and trying to balance work and leisure time is not easy. Gosh, life ain't a joke. If it is, I don't get it. (HAHA) The moment I settle down in Malaysia this summer, I shall get myself a job. I need the extra cash to pay for a holiday my cousins and I are planning to go when I return. Woop woop
So here's to anyone who thinks life is just amazing despite the troubled times.
No comments:
Post a Comment