
I've just finished reading this book 'Follow' last week and to sum it up in 2 words - Good stuff!
Floyd teaches his readers very practical ways of starting a church, even if it's just 3 college students meeting up once a week to share and learn about the Lord. The best bit about this book is how he challenges people like myself to get out of our comfort zone, and be a part of God's story and making it the story of our lives. Beautiful.
'Follow' shadows the step of faith that Peter took when he walked on water towards Jesus. He may have drowned when he doubted, but he did walk on water. Do you want to follow Jesus, be a part of His world, and have a story to tell? Or are we just going to sit at home, and play the safe card? - this I found very challenging, and mind boggling. My heart was racing everytime I see the word 'evangelism' and 'mission'. I know it's what I'm called to do but I'm not too sure if I'm doing anything about it. It's as though God is reminding me not to forget. This book encouraged me to think of the choices that we make, do we choose Jesus, or the world? My favourite part of the the book is, I quote -
"Instead of saying "I'm willing to go", while in our hearts we're planning to stay, let's say to Jesus, "I'm planning to go, Lord..show me You want me to go, and I will go.. across town, to my neighbour, or to any country in the world. I will take up the cross and follow You."
This has been my prayer.
It's definitely a good read. I enjoyed learning of the practicality and spirituality of evangelism through the gospel from this book. Truly inspiring and encouraging.
Floyd and his wife Sally are currently missionaries in Cape Town, South Africa (www.floydandsally.org)
As always, I can loan this book to you if you know me in person :)
Love, out!
No comments:
Post a Comment