
I've just finished reading this book by Dan Baumann, and I can only describe it 2 words - breath taking.
Honest, and so open about his struggles of being called to become a missionary in the Middle East, this man speaks of obedience in totality, and the willingness to listen to Him. I was so encouraged as I turned from page to page, in amaze that everything I have ever wondered, and questioned was written and discussed by Dan. I'm just glad I'm not the only one with all the fear and doubts going through my head and heart. Dan encourages his readers to trust, listen, obey, and follow Jesus.
He shares of his experience being imprisoned in Iran for 6 months, wrongly accused and left pretty much hopeless and lost in the dark. With a lot of prayer, and the work of our amazing God, his perspective started to change despite behind bars. His released was approved by a judge whose heart was soften by Dan's mission of just wanting to share the love of Jesus Christ.
He named the book 'A Beautiful Way' because the good or bad journeys that we all go through lead us to a beautiful way that God is slowly unfolding for us. We just don't know it yet. I know mine is pretty rough at the moment, but reading Dan's book has truly sent me a reminder that God has plans to prosper me, and not to hurt me. (Jeremiah 29:11) I really believe that. I'm holding on to Him so tightly as I feel like I'm limping my way through my part of the journey. I know He's not letting me go. That means you too.
So give this book a read. It's only 7 pounds on Amazon. If you know me in person, ask me for it and I'll gladly loan it to you!
Love, out.
No comments:
Post a Comment