Sunday, November 27, 2011

I recently went for a winter retreat organised by my church here in Cardiff. We stayed in an old lovely mansion called Trefeca at Brecons, South of Wales.

I went to the retreat knowing that I have lost sight of who Jesus is, and where He stands in my life. Work at the Bar and the aspects of pursuing a career as an advocate overwhelmed me. I've been feeling very tired, impatient, worried and angry. I've become the person I don't want to be. Competitive, money-minded, and self-centered. Thus, my relationship with God grew weaker, and intimacy with Him was lost.

I'm not saying that my whole life changed after going for the retreat. But at Trefecon, I had the time to relax and ponder about God's character and His word. With no distractions, and away from my load of work at home, I got to listen and pray to my Father.

Jesus is slowly reminding me that I am His child, and I belong in His Kingdom. And because of that truth, I am reminded that He has control over my life. I knew God was speaking and saying that I should seek first His kingdom, and everything else will be added unto me (Matthew 6:33) and carry on walking with the Lord, the King. Because I am His daughter, and my Father is the Master of the universe, I should really fix my eyes on Jesus, and not on anyone else. Now I know that Jesus is spurring me on to do the best I can in this course. And I don't want to ever loose sight of that.

This part of the race is truly the hardest so far. But I'm so thankful I've got a God who loves me, and is cheering me on as I run this marathon. At the end of the day, all I want to hear Him say when I meet Him in heaven is - "Well done good and faithful servant." There's nothing like resting between the arms of my God, forever. (Deut 33:12)


Love, out.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Just so you know i've just passed by :D

luv,
Connie