Saturday, November 6, 2010

God for Mount Merapi

I'm a Christian. And that means I have a relationship with this amazing God. He is Jesus.

Friends and friends of friends have asked me - So, why does God allow bad things to happen to good people?
The truth is, I don't know. But I know this - He allows us to feel the pain, and hurt... so that we'll know what love and comfort is. How do we know that chocolates taste awesome unless we try it? Or how do we learn to pick ourselves up unless we fall down? You don't just love and cherish a person, unless you've been lonely in the past.

I have a God, who weeps with me. John 11:35 says - JESUS WEPT. Now how comforting it is knowing that there is A GOD who feels us, who grieves with us, who knows our pain.

To be honest, I don't want to sit and ramble on about the world and their hate for God. God is big, and He can defend himself. I'm just a tool. A small one. But still I'm ever grateful that He uses me in tremendous ways, and that's why I love Him. You might get it, or you don't. That's ok. I love it when people ask of my faith. Even when I got the tattoo written on me, I love finding opportunities to tell people about the art and who Jesus is. It's such a joy.


Pray for the people experiencing the aftermath of the Mount Merapi volcano eruption.


"For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal..." - Jeremiah 30:17.



Love, out.

No comments: