Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Twenty something



I've been keeping myself occupied with books over a cuppa ever since I started my first job. On my off days of course. I enjoy being home with the parents, and watching Daddy by the day. He walks a lot more at home, his sense of humour is back, and day trips out to the mall is something we all look forward to every weekend. I love being where I'm meant to be. 

I came across this book called "Twentysomething: surviving and thriving in the real world" by Margaret Feinberg and it's just such a good good read! She talks about finding that dream job when hopeful fresh graduates are out and about and how do we deal with a quarter life crisis when things just don't go according to plan. My favourite part of the book is - when she addressed how and why do horrible things happen to Christians at this age; death, tragedies, illnesses...we stop and question God: why now? Every page of this book just made me feel like it was talking to me. It just made me think - wow, I'm not on my own. Millions out there are facing the exact same circumstances - facing hard jobs or finding out what is it that we want to do career wise, family living adjustments and making new friends, lost, and love. Maggie obviously knew what we young punks are going through and she could identify all this factors and linked it to how we should let God take control of every bit of our lives, finding our identity in Him, and fulfilling His purpose for us.

She dedicated a whole chapter on finding the right partner as well, and how we should all not rush into it even if we've attended 5 weddings in a year, and feel like a complete loner. She shared how she was always the single one and obviously questioning if she'll always be. When she finally met her Mr.Right he proposed first by washing her feet, and promising to love her no matter what. How Christ like is that?!? It's as though it's so worth the wait. I loved it. I read over and over again, twice, with a thought in my head and heart - I want that. 

Read it, you'll love it! 
Twentysomething: Surviving and Thriving in the Real World

I've become such a huge fan of her writing, that I now can't wait for this one to come out in Christmas. This is definitely going on my list! 
Wonderstruck: Awaken to the Nearness of God


Love, out 

No comments: