12 more days before I get to see my Daddy again. I've missed him and the family very much. He visited home twice now, and he was obviously very pleased to see Dottie again. He has been articulating more words, and so eager to stand up on his own. Yesterday was exactly 2 months since the accident. It's amazing to see how much God has pulled us through. I want to see more.
I've not even started packing yet. I'm really just asking for it sometimes.
So I've recently just finished a book by Francis Chan called 'Crazy Love'.
And I loved it. Every chapter and every story. Francis talks about what it really means to fall madly in love with God, and he asks if we actually do grasp the idea of who God is. The King, the Lord of Lords anything high above.. that's our God. The God who sits on the throne, surrounded by emeralds and a sea of glass. (Rev 4) Do you actually think about it? I cannot even comprehend it. But that's where my God sits, and my perception of God whilst reading this book made me ask.. "God, what are You really like?" Haha. Francis challenged us to just stop praying for a second, and really think.
Then, there's a bit about how do we live our lives reflecting God's love? Are we obsessed with God? Francis notes down the lives and stories of people who knew Christ. One particularly touched me, and it was the Robynson family who lives in America. Every year on Christmas day, parents and kids wake up really early in the morning, have pancakes for breakfast, cook hot meals and bring it to the streets to offer a warm and filling breakfast to hungry folks on Christmas day. Francis asks his readers, "can you think of a better way to start a holiday to celebrate God's love?" I just thought to myself that of all the holidays we've had in remembrance of Jesus, I've only just been selfish.
I want to live a life that really reflects God's love. I think we all do, and we struggle. This book has challenged me to think and explore ways of how I really want to fall crazy in love with God, and do works with and for Him. It could really change our lives forever.
I strongly recommend this book :)
Crazy love, out.
No comments:
Post a Comment