Thursday, June 10, 2010

Balik kampung

'Balik kampung'.... the phrase in Malay that we always use when everyone is in the Chinese New Year, Deepavali or Hari Raya festive mood and excited about driving back to our hometowns to visit old friends and relatives. It's good to be home after one seasonal year in Aberystwyth. The hot weather and familiar faces just brings me this comforting feeling that, I'm finally home and stress-free from all the workload and hectic university schedules.

However, I start to intern beginning on Monday! I'm feeling quite nervous but excited at the same time because I just don't know what to expect. It's definitely going to be a good experience so I'm really looking forward to it. I've been walking around Bangsar just watching what do working ladies dress hoping to gain some idea of what to wear on my first day at work! How lame is that?? :D

Now, because I've got so much free time in my hands I've been you-tubing way more often then I was allowed to in Aber. This video made me laugh so much because it's probably something I would've done if I was 3 and wanted to be a drama queen when I grow up!


I love to balik kampung!

Love, out.

No comments: